Click image for larger view.
This is my entry for Illustration Friday's "Wind" topic. The topid was posted today, and I created this image, today, specifically for the IF challenge.
I planned out my composition in Photoshop, after brainstorming on ideas. I printed out various layers on paper, and collaged them with Gel Medium and Acrylics. Then I scanned back into Photoshop and applied a filter for a bit more graphic feel. This was a fun organic process. From concept to posting on the blog it took about 3 hours. And NO bugs this time! But I did find a HUGE Jerusalem Cricket (aka Potato Bug) a few nights ago and got a good photo, and want to draw it some time. It was a full 2" long, not counting antennae.
I had "toyed" with the idea of a wind-up toy, but I knew I could get this idea done today.
I decided to post the orignal scan, which is the bottom image...you can see better detail of the wind background pattern.